Leaders In Care
Social Worker – Children’s LD & Residential – Hatfield
One of our long term partners are looking for a Social Worker – Children’s LD & Residential care to join their service in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
You will be working in a service that provides care for children and young people aged 8-18 years with eating disorders or with learning disabilities who require residential care, working on tailored treatment programmes designed for the individual needs of each young person.
They are ideally looking for children’s social workers who have previous experience from the NHS or private care, or experience managing similar complex caseloads. You will be responsible for
As a UK wide organisation there is also a vast range of training opportunities are available that can see your career grow and you achieve your career aspirations.
- Social care assessments, risk assessments, facilitate group activities, and will contribute to ICR meetings, supporting service users to make viable plans for their future.
- You will participate in the MDT care planning process and lead with safeguarding referrals and the subsequent liaison with the Local Authority safeguarding team and LADO.
- Support the ward staff within the hospital with monitoring any safeguarding concerns amongst the group, ensuring the safety of service users at all times
- To develop and maintain links between different agencies within a service users local community
- To be the point of contact for family and/or carers concerns/complaints
- To undertake investigations
- To actively engage with the University, to offer student Social Work placements
Social Worker Benefits include:
- Annual salary of £32,000 – £35,000 (depending on experience)
- The equivalent of 33 days annual leave – plus your birthday off!
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
If you would like to hear more about this role, or other roles with Leaders in Care, please contact James on 0203 053 1048 or email with your CV.
Furthermore if this role may not be for you at this time, but you know someone that would be interested we offer a market leading ‘refer a friend bonus’ of £500!